If you've done all of those things--if you've made and checked off your TO DO list--then you've celebrated Blah, Blah, Blah Day.
I've made TO DO lists for as long as I can remember. In high school, I'd make my TO DO list in the margins of each class's homework. In college, I had a TO DO notebook. Until the advent of the iPhone, I had a TO DO steno book on my desk for work stuff and at my house for my home stuff. Now, I have the notes app on my phone.
Funny thing is that I've not completely checked off a TO DO list in a very, very long time ... quite possibly since I became pregnant. In fact, I'm pretty sure that my TO DO list in March of 2001 read something like this:
Take Pregnancy Test
Since then, I've never actually completed a TO DO list.
Here are some things that are staples on my TO DO list:
- exercise--I have good intentions, really I do!
- take out bathroom trash--I have no idea how it gets emptied; no one in the house seems to actually do it.
- sweep off front stoop--we have no trees, yet on any given day, we'll have three lawn bags full of leaves in front of our door.
- clean out fridge--I've thrown away dozens of expired salad dressings and still there are always two bottles of bad Italian in the door.
- organize my pictures--it's just not happening; it's impossible. I get them out, and then spend hours flipping through them in the exact say order I let them in the last time.
- commandeering a daily foot rub--I'm not picky anyone can rub my feet for me.
- create a magic wand--duh.
- check off everything on my TO DO list--just never happens, my friends!
What's on your TO DO list? I'd love to compare notes with you!